Wednesday 16 July 2014

Garden & Wildlife: On Just One Fennel ...

We have a magnificent oak tree just beyond the edge of our land which is always full of birds (and kittens when the cats were small); presumably, if I could get close enough, I would see that it is also full of insects. Instead. I'll have to make do with this loan herb fennel which has just come into flower.  It is self seeded, beloved of swallowtail butterflies and right on the edge of the deck, so I could escape to the shade between bouts of camera pointing!

Enjoy - I love a bug!


Leafhopper



Eggs and just hatched bugs - not yet identified


Umbrella wasp


Umbrella wasp with parasites



Graphosoma italicum





Amazing long tail on this was

Hover fly - you can never have enough of these friends of the gardener.

And another hover fly




A pretty snail   - and not on the veggies.

6 spot burnet 


Swallowtail

... and another.

No comments:

Post a Comment